POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Normal vector deformation : Re: Normal vector deformation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Normal vector deformation
From: Rune
Date: 14 Jan 2001 06:43:12
Message: <3a6190d0@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> are you only using matrix transformations?

No.

> Or were you only using shearing matrices as an example?

Yes.

> I'll be thinking about this problem for a while...

I've tried this:

#local SomeVector = x;
#local Small = 0.001;
#local N1 = Perpendiculize(SomeVector,N);
#local N2 = vcross(N1,N);
#local deformP = mezz_deform(P);
#local nN1 = mezz_deform(N1*Small+P)-deformP;
#local nN2 = mezz_deform(N2*Small+P)-deformP;
#local deformN = vnormalize(vcross(nN1,nN2));

It doesn't work, but I can't understand why.

( Perpendiculize(A,B) adjusts A so it is perpendicular to B. The adjusted A
is returned. )

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org